Effective date: October 15, 2016.
Welcome to the websites, applications and services provided by ignition Philippines, which include without limitation: www.ignition.ph (the “Website”). These terms govern your access and use of the Website.
By continuing to access the Website after notice of such modifications have been published, you signify your agreement to be bound by them. You are expected to check this page from time to time so you are aware of any changes, as they are binding on you.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Website, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website are unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entirety of the Website, to users.
If you choose, or are provided with a user name, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Website or portions of them using your user name, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and all of their contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by ignition Philippines, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by Philippine and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from the Website.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Sites.
- Reverse-engineer or otherwise attempt to steal the software code of the Website.
“ignition Philippines,” “ignition.ph,” and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of ignition Philippines. You must not use such marks without our prior written permission. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on the Sites are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Linking to Website and Social Media Features
You may link to our homepage or other pages on the Website provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage or take advantage of our reputation, but you must not establish a link in a way that suggests any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part. The Website may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link to the Website from your own or third-party website
- Send e-mails or communications with the Website’s content or links to the Website’s content
- Cause portions of the Website’s content to display or appear on your own or third-party websites
You may use these features solely as they are provided by the Website, and solely with respect to the Website’s content they are displayed with and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features.
Prohibited Uses of the Website
- In any way that violates any applicable local or international law or regulation.
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising, promotional, or otherwise unsolicited material, including but not limited to any “junk mail”, “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate ignition Philippines, an ignition Philippines employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using their e-mail addresses or screen names).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm ignition Philippines or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
- To monitor, scrape, index, or otherwise copy any of the material on the Website by means of any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means, regardless of whether such use may be considered a fair use under Philippine copyright law.
Additionally, you agree not to interfere with or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website, including but not limited to:
- Use the Website in a manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Website or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website;
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website; introducing any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the Website, the server on which the Website are stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website; or
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or distributed denial-of-service attack.
Engaging in a prohibited use of the Website may result in civil, criminal, and/or administrative penalties, fines, or sanctions against the user and those assisting the user.
The Website may contain features that allow users to post, submit, publish, display, or transmit to other users or other persons content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the Website.
Any User Contribution you post to the Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By posting any User Contribution on the Website, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns a perpetual, royalty-free, and irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, sub-license, create derivative works from, transfer, and sell any such User Contribution.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not ignition Philippines, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness.
We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Sites.
Disclosure, Monitoring, and Enforcement Related to User Contributions
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Sites. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS IGNITION PHILIPPINES AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we cannot and do not undertake to review material before it is posted on the Website and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
Content Standards for User Contributions
These Content Standards apply to any and all User Contributions. You are responsible for your own User Contributions, and you agree that, to the best of your knowledge, your User Contributions will be truthful and accurate. Do not make User Contributions that involve the following:
- Securities for sale, barter, or exchange
- Harassment, defamation, threats, stalking, bullying, or violations of the legal rights of others
- Illegal activities
- Impersonation of any person or entity, or falsely state or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity
- Infringement of another’s intellectual property of any type, including, but not limited to, trade secrets, trademarks, and copyrights
- Obscene, vulgar, bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive language or images
- Commercial advertising
- Gambling, contests, chain letters, “pyramid schemes,” or “multi-level marketing” schemes
- Violations of any applicable local, national, or international law in connection with your use of the Sites, including securities laws and regulations.
- Personally attacking the author of a post or other users
Furthermore, you agree that, if a third party claims that any User Contribution you have contributed to the Website is unlawful, you will bear the full burden of establishing that the User Contribution complies with all applicable laws.
How to Report Violations
Do Not Rely on Information Posted
The content of the Website is offered for general information, discussion, and entertainment purposes only. Some of the content is unmoderated and reflects the personal opinions users. You should be skeptical about any information on the Website because the information may be offensive, harmful, and/or wrong. Neither the content of the Website, nor the links to other websites contained therein, are routinely moderated, screened, approved, reviewed, or endorsed by ignition Philippines or any affiliated person or entity.
We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of the information on the Website. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
The Website may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers, and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by ignition Philippines, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. Such materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of ignition Philippines. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Age and User Contribution Removal
Removal of User Contributions from the Website does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of your User Contributions from the Website. ignition Philippines, in our sole discretion, may retain your User Contributions on our servers in some form. However, removal will render your User Contribution invisible to other users of the Website. We may, in our sole discretion, decide to anonymize your User Contribution such that you cannot be individually identified, rather than remove the User Contribution. In the event your User Contribution is anonymized, it will remain visible to other users of the Website.
ignition Philippines is not responsible for the removal of User Contributions that are cached, copied, or reposted by third parties. Likewise, to the extent that any provision of local law requires us to maintain certain User Contributions, we will not remove the User Contribution from the Website.
Disclaimer and Limitation on Liability
The Website and any information, products, or services therein are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without any warranties of any kind, either express or implied. ignition Philippines hereby disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
ignition Philippines does not warrant that the Website will operate in an uninterrupted or error-free manner or that the Website is free of viruses or other harmful components. Use of the Website or information obtained from or through the Website is at your own risk.
In no event will ignition Philippines, its affiliates or their licensors, service providers, employees, agents, officers, or directors be liable for any loss or damages, under any legal theory, arising out of or in connection with your use, or inability to use, the Website, any websites linked to the Website, any content on the Website or such other websites or any services obtained through the Website or such other websites, including any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages, including but not limited to, personal injury, pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of business or anticipated savings, loss of use, loss of goodwill, loss of data, and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
Neither ignition Philippines nor the Website are an intermediary, broker/dealer, investment advisor, or exchange, and neither provides services as such.
Choice of Law and Forum
Waiver and Severability