Motor Image Pilipinas Inc., the exclusive distributor of Subaru vehicles in the Philippines, formally introduces the Subaru EyeSight Driver Assist Technology at the World Trade Center during the opening day of the 2018 Manila International Auto Show (MIAS).
Subaru vehicles have been known and praised for empowering drivers with confidence, comfort, and safety as a result of Subaru’s core technologies such as the Boxer Engine, Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive, and Subaru Global Platform. EyeSight complements Subaru’s core technologies, bringing safety to a whole new level.
“It is with great pleasure to introduce the award-winning Subaru EyeSight technology to the consumers in the Philippines”, said Reza Mutalib, Country Head of Motor Image Pilipinas. “EyeSight represents the fourth pillar of Subaru’s Core Technology, we hope to give a unique driving experience to Filipinos who are in pursuit of the highest standards of safety, comfort, versatility, and performance in a car,” he added.
EyeSight Driver Assist Technology:
EyeSight* is a driving support system that uses a range of functions to assist the driver, providing a safer and comfortable driving experience. Adding confidence to every trip, EyeSight uses stereo cameras to identify the surrounding vehicles, obstacles, traffic lanes and other items. Under the right circumstances, it will apply the brakes or reduce the throttle to minimize the risk of a collision.
When equipped with EyeSight, all 2017 Subaru models received the highest possible 2017 rating for front crash prevention by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) in the United States. This advanced system provides extra awareness, safety, and added confidence every time drivers step behind the wheel.
The 6 main functions of EyeSight are:
- Pre-Collision Braking** - Pre-Collision Braking System warns the driver with a buzzer and a light on the dash. If the driver still does not take evasive action to avoid the collision, the system can automatically apply the brakes to reduce any impact or, if possible, prevent the collision. If the driver takes evasive action, the Pre-Collision Brake Assist can help the driver in preventing the collision by applying more brake force.
- Adaptive Cruise Control - Aside from maintaining the speed as the traditional cruise control set by the driver, Adaptive Cruise Control adjusts the speed to keep a set distance from the lead vehicle by monitoring the distance and the difference in speed. It adjusts the engine, transmission, and brakes to keep your speed in line with the traffic flow.
- Pre-Collision Throttle Management - When EyeSight sees an obstacle in front of you and you put the vehicle in Drive instead of Reverse, Pre-Collision Throttle Management sounds several short beeps, turns on a flashing indicator and cuts the engine output to help you avoid a frontal collision.
- Lane Departure Warning – When traveling at speeds of 50 km/h or more “, the system warns the driver when the vehicle drifts to the edge of the lane without signaling.
- Lane Sway Warning - Lane Sway Warning warns the driver with a buzzer and a flashing indicator when it detects wandering and drifting within a lane at speeds of approximately 60 km/h or more.
- Lead Vehicle Start Alert - When you’re at a stop and EyeSight senses that traffic has started moving again, Lead Vehicle Start Alert prompts the driver to take action with a buzzer and a flashing indicator.
Subaru’s existing core technologies:
- Boxer Engine: Powering every vehicle in the Subaru line-up, the Subaru Boxer Engine is renowned for its superior balance, smoothness and power delivery — and has been for over 50 years now. This horizontally opposed design boasts a low center of gravity that helps create more balanced handling, flatter cornering and greater stability on every type of road.
- Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive: The heart of Subaru is the Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive system. It provides very precise steering response in corners, as well as stability when traveling at high speeds and in poor conditions. It has empowered drivers with confidence, comfort, and safety for many decades.
- Subaru Global Platform: The new Subaru Global Platform is a brand-new revamp of Subaru’s vehicle architecture, elevating overall vehicle performance and offering an unparalleled driving experience with optimized safety. In addition, the new platform is adaptable not only to gasoline engines but also to hybrid vehicles, plug-in hybrids, electric cars, and other types of alternative power units, future-proofing the next generation of Subaru vehicles.
The New Outback, XV and Levorg equipped with Subaru’s EyeSight Driver Assist Technology are now available for booking at all Subaru Showrooms nationwide.