7th Philippine International Motor Show (PIMS) opens its doors on October 24
The Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers of the Philippines Inc. (CAMPI) is holding the 7th Philippine International Motor Show (PIMS) from October 24-28, 2018, at the World Trade Center.
Joining the biennial show are the 17 member and associate member brands who will be presenting innovations that improve the way we use and interact with cars. CAMPI also promises five days of non-stop fun and learning as they excite the senses with what’s present and what’s possible with the local automotive scene.
“We are happy to offer PIMS again this year. Our theme, ‘Future Mobility,’ reflects our commitment to bring technologies and concepts that make our customers’ lives easier, safer, and more connected,” says CAMPI President Atty. Rommel T. Gutierrez.
Here's what the public can look forward to seeing at the 7th PIMS:
- BAIC believes that future mobility can be summed up in their company name: BAYAN. Brand loyalty is more democratic, everything is automated, cars have youthful designs, alternative vehicles are more accepted, and niche markets offer great business potential. They aim to translate these factors in their showcase featuring BJ20
- BMW offers Sheer Driving Pleasure complemented by pioneering technologies in connectivity, efficiency, and electro-mobility. Some of these driver-centric innovations are present in the First-Ever BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo, All-New BMW X4, All-New BMW M5, First-Ever BMW X2, and BMW M2--all present in their pavilion
- Daewoo presents its Clean & Green Technology to support the government’s Clean Air Act Program. This is embedded in their environment-friendly vehicles like Daewoo Bus BS120SN and Daewoo Truck Medium Commercial Vehicle with Euro 5 Emission Standard Engine equipped with SCR System
- Foton offers for the first time its latest commercial vehicles: Gratour IM6 and the Gratour TM, the Tornado M5.2C light duty truck, the EST-400 4x2 Tractor Head, GTL 6x4 Mixer Truck, Hurricane ESTM 6x2 Cargo, and GTL 8x4 High Roof Dump Truck. These are all equipped with their Blue Energy to provide benefits such as power, durability, reliability, efficiency, and clean emissions
- FUSO applies a forward-thinking approach that is geared toward safety, cleaner emissions, and economy. This is evident with its robust line-up catering the Light, Medium, and Heavy Duty Truck Market as well as shuttle models from the Light Bus up to the PUV Modernization Program models
- Honda has been providing innovative products and services for seven decades, letting people live enhanced and more enjoyable lives through their crowd favorites Honda Civic Type R, Honda BR-V, Honda City, and Honda CR-V
- Isuzu diesel engines, engineered with the Blue Power technology, provide maximum output, cleaner emission, superb fuel economy while maintaining the brand’s renowned durability, as seen in Isuzu mu-X RZ4E LS, Isuzu mu-X Luxe, Isuzu D-MAX RZ4E LS, Isuzu D-MAX 4x4, Isuzu modernized PUVs, and Isuzu's latest pride, the Isuzu EXZ QL
- Jaguar gears up for FUTURE-TYPE all-electric, autonomous cars equipped with artificial intelligence, connecting the driver, the family, and the world. Watch out as they present the epitomes of performance and luxury geared to excite the senses through the E-PACE and FPACE
- Land Rover focuses on environmental responsibility, developing fuel-efficient vehicles with lower environmental impact. Expect these and more through the Land Rover Discovery and the new Range Rover Velar
- Mazda raises the bar for style and technology with its 2019 lineup of award-winning models like the refreshed Mazda6, the more powerful MX-5 and its most luxurious vehicle to date, the flagship CX-9 Signature. All vehicles are packed with updated SKYACTIV body, chassis, engine, and driving dynamics technologies designed to bridge tomorrow with today’s demands.
- Mitsubishi Motors' new tagline, Drive Your Ambition, promises to deliver vehicles with cutting-edge technology and design which expresses the brand's ambitions. MMPC showcases the MITSUBISHI e-EVOLUTION CONCEPT and Outlander PHEV along with its dynamic range of vehicles, the All-New XPANDER, Montero Sport, Strada, and the Mirage G4
- Nissan is forging the way to a safer, smarter, and more sustainable world through Nissan Intelligent Mobility, transforming the way we drive and the way we live. It is integrated with models like the new Nissan Terra, Nissan Navara, and Nissan X-Trail. As the icon of Nissan Intelligent Mobility, the Nissan LEAF presents the future of how we move through electrification, autonomous drive, and connectivity.
- SsangYong strives to achieve refined and original designs that genuinely impress customers. A highlight of its robust, special, and premium vehicles will be the first Korean-built contender for the pickup segment, the luxury utility vehicle, Musso
- Suzuki continues to create next-generation cars such as the all-new Swift, Dzire, and Vitara that focus on fuel economy, innovation, and exciting styling. These vehicles have minimized dimensions that provide possibilities particularly for those living in highly urbanized areas
- Tata Motors lives up to its promise of Connecting Aspirations by redefining the small commercial vehicles category with Euro-IV Tata Super Ace Mint with a 1-ton payload. It is an ideal mobility solution that caters to a variety of business applications with different body types such as passenger van, school bus, aluminum van, drop-side load body and more. Its versatility is fit for aspiring businessmen who are in pursuit to chase their dreams.
- Toyota offers the best of both worlds by having a seamless balance of form and function with its latest concept car, the TJ Cruiser. This hybrid juggernaut combines the luggage capacity of a cargo van with the powerful design of an off-road SUV
- Volkswagen showcases its BlueMotion Technology that significantly improves the fuel economy of the Santana 1.5 MPI automatic transmission Trendline and Comfortline, Santana GTS 1.5 MPI AT Comfortline, and the Lamando 280 TSI DSG Comfortline and Highline.
The 7th PIMS will be open from October 24-28, 2018, 10 am to 9 pm. Tickets are available at the gates for P100.00. For more information about the 7th PIMS, visit facebook.com/PIMS2018.